Lost in Wonderland
Lost in Wonderland Workshop
AH! Ladies! Saturday is ALMOST here! I cannot begin to explain the excitement I feel for this workshop! I have absolutely loved doing every single mentoring session, boudoir marathon, styled shoot-out and workshop in the past but this one... this one I am pouring all of my heart in to! I am giving away literally every secret I've ever used and learned in this wonderful business. I'm so very thankful for each of you that have been by my side, purchased mentoring sessions, purchased workshops, purchased coaching sessions and even those of you who are brand new to VRP! Thank you!
Ok, so on with the mushy stuff! (I promise, I won't cry at the workshop... *maybe*)... Be sure to grab your Lost in Wonderland badge below to share the excitement!!! Feel free to download it and use it as you wish!
Saturday is a jam-packed day filled with lots of amazing things! The weather is looking AMAZING so far! Our workshop is going to take place at Crystal Lake / Mathis Park in Hopewell, VA. We were planning on shooting by the river in Hopewell, however, I went down there and they have taken away the restroom access unless you purchase entry to the museum. Which we are not. lol And I'm fairly sure you ladies would like to be able to use the restroom if needed!!!
Here is the timeline for the day!
- 9:30am - Breakfast Refreshments available for those who arrive early; mingle time
- 10:00am - Arrival & Ice Breakers; Introduction
- 10:15am - Basic Hair Styling & Makeup Tips
- 10:30am - Marketing & Business Tactics for the Creative
- 11:00am - Using Instagram to Your Advantage
- 11:30am - Using Facebook to Your Advantage
- 12:00pm - Lunch: Q+A for What's Covered So Far
- 12:30pm - Location Scouting & Why It's So Important
- 1:00pm - Matching Wardrobe to Themes, Models & Locations
- 1:30pm - Wardrobe Styling & Pairing
- 2:00pm - Shooting Time Begins; What will be covered during shooting:
- Posing 101 for Boudoir, Glamour & Couples
- Sunflare & Light / Color Bursting
- Nailing Back-Lighting with the Model Still Well Lit
- Reflectors & V-Flats: How and When to Use Them
- 4:00pm - Breakout Sessions with One-on-One Time with Models; Headshots with Rosey
- 5:00pm - Surprise Add-On to Workshop
- 5:45pm - Wrap-Up and Closing Q+A
All workshop attendees will receive a follow-along workbook that you can take home to learn even more. Several videos will also be recorded and shared with you as an attendee. The videos will go into even more detail on the topics above!
WHAT TO BRING:
- DSLR Camera & Lenses
- I shoot with the 85mm and will be teaching with this lens as well. I recommend bringing that or a 50mm with you.
- Off Camera Flash or Mounted Flash. I will not be using one but if you wish to bring one, you are welcome to!
- Questions! Bring any questions you may have! Even if they're not covered in the workshop, I'll answer them during Q+A.
- The shooting part of our workshop will require a bit of walking through the woods to get to where we're going to photograph our model. You'll want to bring shoes that you'll feel comfortable walking in.
*Pens & Notepads will be provided to everyone, so don't worry about bringing these items.
Pavilion for Workshop Portion
Great Locations for Shooting
AND! I'm showing off two of my "secret" locations for shooting!! I haven't shown these areas to anyone but my clients!
Take a look below at some images from where we're shooting: