Engagements with VRP
Engagements with VRP
So your big day is coming up! How excited are you!? Welcome to VRP's How to Prep! Here, you'll find our tips on how to properly prep for your session from head to toe, what to do with wardrobe, what wardrobe we recommend for portraits as well as some tips on how to truly get the most out of your portraits with us!
A Note from Rosey
Can I just start by saying THANK YOU so much for booking with VRP. I'm so extremely thrilled to capture your love on camera! When I met my now husband, Zeryk, we talked about marriage and all of the fun things we would do as a couple! Life happened quickly and together, we're still building a dream of fleeting love and happy moments. Love is one of God's most beautiful creations and to have the opportunity to capture that on camera.. it's truly one of my favorite aspects of being a photographer. From the forehead kisses, to the hair sweeps out of the face, the cuddles and the giggles.. all of it is magical!! And I cannot wait to photograph that magic for you!
What to Wear
So before we get in to How to Prep for your session, let's look at some wardrobe ideas for what to wear to your session! We recommend staying away from overly matching outfits and instead, going with outfits that compliment one another! Wardrobe with heavy print, lots of patterns and logos are also a distraction from the two of you, so we recommend definitely staying away from those. Here's some of our best ideas for What to Wear: (click on each photo to see a larger version)
How to Prep
THREE DAYS BEFORE:
- Take your engagement ring to a jeweler to be professionally cleaned.
- Have your eyebrows waxed or shaped to your liking.
- Have your hair touched up, trimmed or facial hair shaped to your liking.
TWO DAYS BEFORE:
- Shave away any unwanted body hair.
- Play with lipstick and makeup colors to find a combination and balance you are happy with.
- If you have booked a makeup artist or hair stylist, double check your appointment with them to ensure everything is still set.
- Call your favorite restaurant to book a reservation for the two of you to go to after your portraits! Trust me, you'll be hungry AND what better time to go out than after having a blast with your portrait session?
THE NIGHT BEFORE:
- Get PLENTY of rest! Any lack of sleep will show up in your portraits.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Steam or Iron wardrobe and hang it up to avoid wrinkles and creases. These will show in portraits.
- Lay out and organize everything you plan to bring with you to the shoot.
- Clean your shoes well.
- Play with makeup and hair style ideas to find the look you want to use for your session.
- Think of all things sentimental to you as a couple and consider bringing some of those items with you for your engagements! Things like a picture of the two of you together in a frame,
- Exfoliate your face with a 60/40 lemon and sugar scrub: 3 tablespoons of brown sugar + 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix together and rub gently on face. Allow to sit for 10 mins and then wash away with warm water.
- Scan Pinterest for any photographs you're a fan of! Screenshot and show them to us the day of.
THE MORNING OF:
- Consider bringing items like a drink to share together, blanket to wrap around one another to snuggle up or sit on, lantern, cupcakes or sweet treat to eat together for your portraits, etc. Pack these items up for your shoot.
- Moisturize your skin very well from head to toe.
- Plan ahead! Begin prepping for your shoot with ample time to allow hair and makeup mistakes, last minute wardrobe changes, traffic and other things that may happen so you aren't stressed before your session.
- Pack a bottle of water for both of you.
Make the Most of It
These are your engagements!! What a time to celebrate! There are lots of tips and tricks that we can give you to encourage you to make the most of your session and time with VRP! Here's a few of our favorites to get the ball of creativity rolling for you!
- Grab some donuts or cupcakes to share in your portraits.
- Relax. Laugh. Tickle. Play. FLIRT!
- Bring a blanket to snuggle with.
- Bring a bike to ride!
- Share some Starbucks or an old fashioned Coke bottle.
- Rollerskate or Rollerblade
- Throwback!! Make it a vintage shoot with wardrobe and props!
- Bring some confetti poppers!
- Remember that PDA in portraits is ok! Kissing, hugging, holding hands - You're engaged!
- Play with your surroundings: toss leaves, play hide&seek - remember that it's ok to be a kid again! Let loose and allow your personalities to shine together.